Parents are great at a lot of things: Giving Advice, helping you with your taxes, loving you unconditionally, paying your phone bill well into your mid-twenties. But there’s one-thing moms and dads may have had a bit of trouble picking up in their many years of parenthood — social media.
Between the misplaced tags and mistaking the Facebook status bar as a Google search bar, parents can be downright hilarious on social. So in honor of Parent’s Day, we’re taking a look at some of the funniest parent (and grandparent) fails out there.
1 They’ve taken it upon themselves to assign their own meaning to popular abbreviations.
Nice try, Momma Monique.
2. They like to use Facebook to share every. single. thing.
DID SHE EVER GET NEW BOOTS?!
3. They tend to get a little… off topic.
“proud of u”
4. They have trouble grasping how Facebook actually works.
There’s no need to yell at Kraft like that, Sally.
Oh, you haven’t heard of Chicken Casserole Supplies R US?
Looks like Grandma found the shift key.
5. They haven’t quite nailed down the whole tagging thing.
But who doesn’t love Grandmaster Flash?
6. They share embarrassing information… although this one seems intentional.
Slow down on the hotdogs, dude.
7. They Take Things Literally.
You can’t do anything about Beiber Fever, Marian. It’s not your fault.
Always remember grandma needs you.
8. And every once in a while, they come up with a great burn that makes you think maybe there is hope for them and social media.
Social media savvy or not, we love our parents. Happy Parent’s Day to all the moms and dads out there!